A year ago, I introduced the SlimFold MICRO Tyvek wallet on Kickstarter and the response was tremendous. By collaborating with many of you, we have since introduced the reinforced model, which greatly enhances durability. But I wanted to take things to the next level… and do do that I’ve found a very special material to use for the next version.
It’s a highly technical synthetic material originally designed for use in motorcycle wear, but feels like a soft shell ski jacket. Here are some highlights:
- Durable (Crash-tested to 70 mph)
- Environmental (Bluesign certified)
- Ultra-thin (less than .5mm)
- Waterproof (and machine washable)
Plus, it’s available in both Original and MICRO formats! I’m super excited to bring this model to you, but I need your help to put together a large enough order to have the material custom manufactured. That’s where you and Kickstarter come in.
What is this Kickstarter thing and how does it work?
- World’s most popular crowd funding site
- Payments processed through Amazon
- Pledge now, payment processed if project is successful (hopefully Oct. 15th)
- Reward wallet(s) ship as soon as they’re ready when they’re ready (November)
If you haven’t used it before, Kickstarter is a way for individuals like myself or companies to raise money to produce products or do creative projects. It’s a way of getting micro-funding from individual supporters and, in tern, they receive the outcome of that project once it’s complete. If you back the project, you’ll receive a discount as well as reserve your spot for the first ones that are ready to ship.
Thanks again for your support!