Black RFID Tyvek wallets
Soft Shell Wallets
Non-RFID and color Tyvek
I realize my storefront has looked a bit spartan the last few months with almost everything being sold out. It takes many steps to get the wallets produced and ready for sale and I’ve also been hard at work creating the Soft Shell line which has just finished its Kickstarter campaign and is in production now.
Response to the RFID blocking card sleeves has been very positive and several of you asked about whether I would consider making the whole wallet out of that material. My first thought was that it would be waaaay too expensive, but I worked directly with the manufacturer for many months to come up with some ways to streamline things and make it reasonable. In fact, after some initial testing, I decided to go with an even higher quality 2-ply Tyvek which gives the wallet a more substantial feeling regardless of whether you’re even interested in the RFID protection.
I’m quite pleased with how they came out and am super excited to bring them to you. Here’s a summary of their features:
- 2-ply Tyvek for added durability
- RFID blocking material between Tyvek layers throughout whole wallet
- Double printed for deeper ink coverage and penetration
- ID Cards (Canada, Washington, Michigan, New York, and Vermont)
- Credit cards (PayPass, Blink, sQuid)
- Military cards such as CAC (Common Access Cards)
- Building access cards* (HID iClass, HID MIFARE, HID FlexSmart, DESFire
- Transit cards (Boston Charlie, DC Metro)
- Government such as TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
*Some building access cards are NOT shielded including HID 125 KHz.
This initial print run is only available in Black. Black/Gray MICRO and Black/Gray Original are available for sale now. Some Black/Red and Black/Orange are just making their way through being packaged so should be ready to order within 1-2 weeks.
Thanks to so many of you who provided input leading to the creation of this product. Let me know what you think of this first RFID blocking addition to the SlimFold line...
UPDATE: All of our wallets now come with RFID blocking options.
A year ago, I introduced the SlimFold MICRO Tyvek wallet on Kickstarter and the response was tremendous. By collaborating with many of you, we have since introduced the reinforced model, which greatly enhances durability. But I wanted to take things to the next level… and do do that I’ve found a very special material to use for the next version.
It’s a highly technical synthetic material originally designed for use in motorcycle wear, but feels like a soft shell ski jacket. Here are some highlights:
- Durable (Crash-tested to 70 mph)
- Environmental (Bluesign certified)
- Ultra-thin (less than .5mm)
- Waterproof (and machine washable)
Plus, it’s available in both Original and MICRO formats! I’m super excited to bring this model to you, but I need your help to put together a large enough order to have the material custom manufactured. That’s where you and Kickstarter come in.
What is this Kickstarter thing and how does it work?
- World’s most popular crowd funding site
- Payments processed through Amazon
- Pledge now, payment processed if project is successful (hopefully Oct. 15th)
- Reward wallet(s) ship as soon as they’re ready when they’re ready (November)
If you haven’t used it before, Kickstarter is a way for individuals like myself or companies to raise money to produce products or do creative projects. It’s a way of getting micro-funding from individual supporters and, in tern, they receive the outcome of that project once it’s complete. If you back the project, you’ll receive a discount as well as reserve your spot for the first ones that are ready to ship.
Thanks again for your support!